Two years ago, we went to an Iranian restuarant in Montreal for my brother’s engagement. It was the first time for me to try Mirza Ghasemi, a persian dish from Gilan province-Northern Iran.
I remember around 19 people out of 20 fell in love with it, that one was just allergic to eggplants! The main ingredient in Mirza Ghasemi!
It’s been a while i wanted to try doing Mirza Ghasemi, and today was the peak of it! but i didnt have eggplants!
but i thought, i had zucchini inner flesh ready and frozen! (I don’t like to throw them after hollowing zucchini for Lebanese stuffed zucchini).
So i thought let’s try it out!
- zucchini inner flesh of around 4-5 small zucchini (you can use the whole ones)
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp from each of (turmeric, salt, black pepper)
- 1 egg
- 1 tomato peeled and minced
- vegetable oil for frying
- Because the nature of zucchini is more watery than eggplants, i grilled the zucchini (since i used the inner flesh i had to put them in a Pyrex) and got rid of the water!
- If you’re using whole zucchinies, you will need to peel them, and cut them to small pieces.
- In a pan, fry the garlic, and just before they become golden add the zucchini. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add the tomato and cook for another 10 mins on middle heat.
- Clear part of the pan, and add the egg until its cooked while the yolk is still watery mix it with the zucchini and tomato and cook for 5 mins before serving!
It’s amazing with Barbari bread!